Tuesday, June 7, 2011

A great weekend in St. George

This weekend was my nephew Carter's baptism in St. George. Although we wanted to go down as a family, we just couldn't make it work, but Richard suggested that I go with my Dad. I decided to take him up on the offer and we had a wonderful time. Thank you so much, Richard for letting me go and for keeping the kids all safe and sound and alive! We listened to Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone on CD's and loved it. My Dad hasn't read any of the Harry Potter books and that made it extra fun! We stopped at lots of gas stations and drank lots of Coke! We had dinner with the Wests on Friday night at Outback Steakhouse and my Dad stayed at the Ramada Inn right next to the outlets. I got to stay at Heathers, which was so fun because we got to stay up late and just talk! We haven't done that for years! It was so great- I love my sister! On Saturday, Heather and Brent were busy getting ready for the baptism and their Lake Powell trip that they were leaving for on Sunday. So my Dad and I went shopping at the Outlets and he bought me a dress! We had a great lunch and then he wanted to rest a bit before the baptism. While he rested I got to shop by myself. I didn't really even buy anything, but just wandering and being able to look at everything and take my time was a real treat! Then I got to lay out by the pool and read a magazine for about an hour. Heaven! I can't remember the last time I did that! The baptism was that evening and was so nice. We had a great dinner at Wests afterwards and another fun "sleepover"! After 9:00 Sacrament meeting the next day we headed back home. It was a short trip, but so nice and I loved being with my Dad and sister!

Here we are at Heather's house after the baptism
Heather, Carter and Brent


I did have one little panic moment on the trip. Richard called me while I was busy shopping and said, "I don't want you to worry, Jenny, everyones okay. Don't panic- everybody's fine, but all the kids are in an ambulance right now." A thousand thoughts raced through my head all in a matter of a second, until he said "yeah, there's a Health and Safety Fair over at the park and.....blah, blah, blah." I yelled into the phone right in the middle of the store, "You JERK!" The kids were indeed loaded into an ambulance and having a great day! Love you, honey!

4 comments:

highdeekay said...

Sounds like a perfect weekend.

Lisa said...

Fun fun weekend! Nice to see Heather too - tell her hello for me. :)

Heather said...

I'm so glad that you came and so grateful to RIchard for suggesting it! It really was fun having sleepovers with you! I loved having you here! Claire is still talking about you. You are such a great sister and I love you so much!!! Thanks again for being part of our weekend!

alisha said...

Superb your weekend . good looking and great posting
Sb&b breakfast