Tuesday, October 26, 2010

California

We got back from our wonderful vacation on Sunday. Before my Mom died she told my Dad she wanted to give each of her kids some of the life insurance money. We decided to spend ours making family memories. I felt like it was something she would have loved us to do and the memories I made with my parents and siblings on family vacations are some of my most treasured. So I really felt like this trip was a "gift" from my Mom. We stayed the first night in St. George and did 4 days at Disneyland with a beach day in the middle. We also went to Medieval Times on our beach day. Its a dinner show with horses, knights, jousting, fighting, etc. and the kids loved it! It was overcast, cool and rainy most of the time, but that didn't stop us from having a great time! We drove the whole way home on Saturday- holy cow! I didn't think we could do the drive all in one day, but we did and we all survived! We had a great time and loved being together. Here are picture highlights of our trip, even though many moments were not captured in pictures- like the ferris wheel at California Adventure where Daniel was in tears, convinced we were going to die, Emma was also crying and Landon was nervous (scared) laughing. All I could do was laugh so hard- it was seriously hilarious! And now we are back to real life! Not nearly as much fun!

Disneyland is so cute at Halloween time!
The boys on Pirates
The girls on Pirates
Kate loves princesses and since Tiana's line was short we decided to take the photo opportunity!
The happiest place on earth!
Kate was holding on to Richard very tight, and I love Richards face- what a great Daddy!
Teacups- the kids loved to spin. The parents, not so much.
I love Richards face in this!
.......and this!
No spinning for me! Blugh!
Our cold, but still fun, day at the beach. It was only like 62 degrees!
Kate thought it was great!
Precious!
Funny Dan man!

Feed the birds, tuppence a bag
The birds were literally eating out of our hands
Medieval Times- the kids loved it!
Getting ready for the yummy dinner and show
Dumbo!

Why buy a hat when you can just try one on and take a picture!
Kate loved all the characters!
I love Disneyland ice cream! My favorite is the chocolate covered bananas, and the Tiki Room Dole pineapple soft serve! Num!
California adventure- I love that Landon is on the phone trying to find Richard.
Toy Story was a great new ride and we loved it!

Richard likes to call this picture Mickey Mouth
"L" for Landon
"L" is for Danie"l"
"A" is for Emm"a"
The last time I took a picture here was with my Mom
Happy Disney Halloween

9 comments:

Layne said...

Awesome. I love Disneyland so much. We need to do another combined trip sometime.

Karen and Joe said...

What great pictures! I'm so glad you had so much fun and were able to enjoy that special gift from your Mom-she would have wanted nothing more than to see you all so happy!
I'll bet you're just as organized and as frugal as she is too!

Heather said...

Oh, I want to go back sooo bad. It was so fun to see you at the beginning and for a little bit at the end. I love all the funny faces that Richard is pulling, and I love the ferris wheel story. I keep thinking about it and giggling. If you're like me I'm sure you thought of mom alot on your trip. I'm sure she was happy! Love you so much!! Thanks again for babysitting for me!!

alisa fawn said...

fun trip! I have always wanted to go to disneyland at halloween time!
what a great way to use that money.

highdeekay said...

Awesome. The day Phil went into the hospital (last January) was the very day our trip to Disney World was to start. One of his dying wishes/requests was for me to take Eden anyway. We are going to head to DL (I have a brother in SD) the first week of December. I hope our trip of memories and in memorial is as great as yours.

Landon is looking so old and teen-like. Watch out ladies! :)

Daisy Chick said...

What a fun trip, I'm sure your Mom enjoyed seeing all of you have such a wonderful time. I love all of your pictures and I'm so glad you had such a wonderful time. See you in a few days...oh and wish Kater's a Happy Birthday.

Lisa said...

How fun! What a great trip! I totally forgot how nauseous you used to get (still get it sounds like). Crazy!

Btw, Sally just called me and said she and Big Al found an old VHS from Guys and Dolls at Bingham and asked if she could trash it. What? No way!!! I'm so offended!

Mandy said...

I love the pictures! That is exactally what your mom would have wanted!!! I am so glad you did that! You guys all look so great! hope you have a great Halloween!

Amy said...

Love the pictures! I hope the next time we get to go will be around Halloween. Looks like you had a great time, and what better way to honor your awesome mother.