Sunday, November 15, 2009

Don't judge me

Some days are just crazy. Some days just never slow down, and there is hardly a minute to stop and think. The other day was like that. I was babysitting my niece and nephew for the weekend, two other friends were over (8 children), I was trying to teach piano (9 children), the dog was barking (more on that later), Kate was trying to play the piano and have me hold her at the same time, the kids were running up and down the stairs, and I didn't know what else to do. Something had to give, and so I put Kate in her high chair and gave her a handful of chocolate chips. (They were quick and handy and I knew she would like them!) It kept her quiet for the remainder of the lesson, but this is how she looked when she was done. I had to give her a bath (obviously), but it was well worth it. See....chocolate saves the day again!

9 comments:

Holly and Derek said...

Hilarious! I love that picture!

Layne said...

Oh, I'd judge if I weren't so busy getting ready to copy your fantastic idea for my own clingy little person. It's not like you were giving her booze. Although . . .

Julianne said...

Good girl...starting her young to the comfort of CHOCOLATE!!! Your new family pictures are GREAT! Love them! What a beautiful family!

Jill said...

lol....I am so going to use that on Jack....and on me too!

I don't know if Richarch told you or not, but we ended up making frozen hot chocolate last week. We used mint chocolate and it was SO good! Thanks for the yummy idea!
PS We need to hit the mall again....OR I was also thinking we should go to DI, Savers, and/or Kid to kid and find good deals!

Karen and Joe said...

Oh Jen, I can SO RELATE! Some days are just like that and the chocolate chip trick is what I used to do to get the boys to sit still when I would cut their hair! Imagine them eating chocolate chips and their own hair at the same time---GROSS! Whatever works right?
Karen

Heather said...

Mom would be proud!!! She was the queen of chocolate chips. Okay so I totally want your frozen hot chocolate recipe. Email it to me okay, please!!!

Lisa said...

Great minds think alike. That is awesome!

highdeekay said...

too funny! I love her expression. Frozen hot chocolate? Do share the recipe...

Daisy Chick said...

I am so glad I am not the only one who has this same scence played in my home. I agree, thank heavens for chocolate chips. They have saved me on more than one occassion. Love your new family pictures. They are great. Looking forward to actually seeing you over Thanksgiving.