Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Whaaa?

We are headed to our family reunion tomorrow for a few days and we are "in charge" of it. One of the things I really want to do is tie dye t-shirts. We experimented with it last week and I think it will be really fun. I just googled "how to tie dye a shirt" and one of the ideas was this. "If you don't have any dye, you can use the ink from a pen. Take the pen apart and put it in the microwave for about 20 seconds. Then cut open the pen, empty it into a bucket of hot water and stir. THIS CAN BE EXTREMELY MESSY. " Duh! Hello!? RIT dye costs $1.66 at Walmart. Why on earth would you purposely take apart a pen and dump the ink out of it. Oh my gosh. We'll post pictures of our fun times when we get back!


P.S. We went to Seven Peaks yesterday for the boys birthday "fun day" and had a great time. Uncle Jon came with us and really helped out- thanks Jon! I forgot my camera. Boo hoo!

1 comments:

Heather said...

Sounds like fun. Did the boys get their presents from me? I left them at mom's. I have an appointment tomorrow to find out where I'm at! I'll give you a call and let you know. Good luck at your reunion!