Friday, March 13, 2009

Nothin' like a good cup of soup!


















Tonight after dinner Daniel and Emma played "kitchen" together very nicely. They made a batch of "soup" but dumped it down the sink because Emma said it was so gross, it made her tummy hurt. So a few minutes later Daniel came up to announce that they had a new batch ready for taste testing. He said it would be pretty good, with all the new ingredients- carrots, tic tacs and fruit snacks. Mmmmm! So we all had to try it and it tasted just like it sounds. Richard said, "I think it needs a few more tic tacs, guys." So a few minutes later, the new and improved soup was ready to try. Wow, it was really tic tacky! Richard asked, "Daniel, how exactly did you crush up those tic tacs?" And even though Richard already knew the answer, Daniel said, "I chewed 'em up and spit 'em in the soup." Awesome.

6 comments:

Jen said...

Too cute! Love it!!!

Layne said...

That sounds delish. Maybe Daniel could teach some soupmaking classes. His technique sounds daring.

Live More Now said...

Mmmm... ABC soup. (Already Been Chewed). That sounds nice. If it's the "soup du jour", I'll have THAT.

LOL

Rod and Jess said...

MMMMMMM, makes me crave a huge bowl right now! That is hillarious! Pretty creative if you ask me! I love your blog! I'm definitely going to have to add you to my list of people I stalk! :)

highdeekay said...

Classic. I love Daniel stories.

Jill said...

so you didn't mention the "secret ingredient" that made the soup so good...spit! That is hilarious...please tell me that no one actually ate the soup.