Sunday, July 12, 2009

East High School

My Dad works for Granite School District and is good friends with the principal of East High. He was so nice to arrange a "tour" of the school. If you are not a HSM fan, this will mean nothing to you, but we thought it was pretty cool. It was cool for the kids to see that the school is not just like the movie. A few million dollars in a budget can really spiff up a place. There is no fountain out front, there aren't red and white banners everywhere, the cafeteria isn't quite as colorful, the roof is just a black top. It's amazing to see how they transformed it all for the movie! We had fun going around and recognizing all the different places that were in the movie. Thank you Dad (Grandpa) for taking the time to do this with us and thank you Paul Sagers for taking us around and being so cool!






Above, this staircase was used a lot for the numbers that Troy and Gabriella sing in the school.
Below, in the gym. This is the actual coach of East High BBall, but he was the West High Knights coach in HSM 3.



















The movie did leave a few things like these banners at the school after they finished filming.

































Troy and Chads lockers are right behind them!

































Sharpays locker is still pink! Of course, in the movie it opens from the middle, but they couldn't leave it that way. I wonder if people request these lockers!



















This is what the roof really looks like! No gazebo, no skylight, no plants! It was all brought in from Cactus and Tropicals. My kids were a little disappointed that it wasn't like the movie, but definately a good dose of reality!














A nice (and windy) view of Salt Lake City from the roof.














East High is really the Leopards!














Landon took this picture and it didn't turn out as clear as I wanted it to, but this is supposed to be my "I Want It All" pose!














The cafeteria steps that are really red in the movie.


At the end of the tour Mr. Sagers asked if we had seen everything we wanted to see and we said yes, and Kate was done, done, done. After we left we realized that we never saw the auditorium! Bummer! There is so much that happens there! I'm sure it's just your typical high school auditorium, but we were sad about that. Other than that, we had a "FABULOUS" time!

6 comments:

Daisy Chick said...

What a fun thing for you to do with your kids...that is awesome.

Heather said...

I'm jealous! My kids would have loved that. Thats awesome that Dad could arrange that for you. Cute pictures. Everytime we drive past the clubhouse here from High School Musical 2, Carter asks when we can go inside. Too bad Dad can't hook us up with that one.

Jen said...

How fun! My kids would be all over that... They LOVE HSM!!!

Julianne said...

Fun pics! I'll have to show my kids the pictures...Nice pose! It WAS so great to see you! Love ya, Jen!

Lauren said...

How fun!

Live More Now said...

Oh my gosh - so cute! love the pink lockers. You know, after getting together with all you girls last January - I had to come home and watch the High School Musicals! (So cute!)

I love them, and I don't even have kids. One more reason for Luke to tease me.

I bet your kids must have loved the tour!